Saturday, January 7, 2012

Why they ARE the one percent: part 3

Charles and David Koch
Brothers and co-owners of Koch Industries, these two created one of the top chemical engineering industries in the world. The are tied for the number four spot on Forbes list. 
David attended MIT and graduated with a Bachelors and Masters degree in Chemical Engineering. In 1970, he joined Koch industries. He also had an active political career, serving as the Libertarian candidate for Vice President in the 1980 Presidential Election. He has contributed largely to cancer research, educational institutions and the arts. 
Charles also received his Bachelors and Masters from MIT. He led a very similar life to his brother David, without the active role in politics. He focuses his philanthropic efforts on educating students on the Bill of Rights and free market enterprises. 

Maybe less impressive than Bill Gates and Warren Buffet, but they still didn't sit around to get what they wanted. 

Honestly, I'm getting bored with this. Clearly, these gentlemen worked hard to get where they are. Again, not protesting in a park. I think I have made my point with these five gentlemen.

Thanks for keeping up! In order to expand my topics, I started a new blog called Dancing Elephants and Other Political Shenanagians! I will still rant about Occupy Wall Street, but I also want to address other things! Please find that page and become a follower!!
Much love!
Abbs

No comments:

Post a Comment